In a world facing increasingly complex challenges related to climate change and energy supply, we are on the verge of a profound transformation. The current reality is marked by the urgent need for a sustainable energy transition, an international climate agreement, and a rapidly changing energy landscape.
Regulations within the energy sector are continuously subject to change, influenced by developments in energy production, supply and storage, the European Green Deal, and the geopolitical situation. Additionally, the playing field is complex with a wide range of actors having different interests and concerns. The energy sector is constantly evolving. Understanding and navigating within this complex landscape requires a creative, innovative, and flexible approach.
At Rutgers & Posch, we understand the unique challenges and opportunities within the energy sector. We have a multidisciplinary team of specialists with a deep knowledge of the energy sector and a solid track record.
Our expertise within the energy sector
- M&A: advising on and assisting with e.g. partnerships, mergers and acquisitions and restructurings
- Regulatory: advising on legislation and regulations, including the Electricity, Gas and Heating Acts, the Mining Act and relevant permits
- ESG: Advising on ESG-related legislation and regulations, including the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (‘CSRD’) and the Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive (‘CSDDD’).
- Finance: Advising and assisting with various forms of financing and structures within the energy sector.
- (Commercial) Contracts: Drafting commercial (energy) contracts.
- Disputes: Guiding and representing in energy-related (regulatory/civil) procedures.